Timed events, such as meetings or appointments, take place during a specified period of time. You can create timed events in week view or month view, but they're easier to create in week view.
To create a timed event in Calendar:
- In week view, drag from the start time to the end time of the event.
- Enter the name of the event in the Summary field and the location of the event in the Location field.
- If you want to change the start date of the event, click the date, and in the calendar that appears, click a date. To change the start date to today's date, click Today (diamond); to view the previous month, click Previous (up arrow); to view the next month, click Next (down arrow).
- If you want to change the start time, use the Start Time pop-up menus.
- Deselect "All-Day (Banner) event."
- If you want to change the duration of the event, use the Duration pop-up menus. If the duration is more than 24 hours, then enter a number in the "days" field.
- Click OK.
After you've created an all-day event, you can edit it