Department: School of Humanities & Sciences
Job Type: Full time
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
- Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
- Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
- Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
An Assistant Professor of Biology in the CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics has primary responsibilities in teaching courses within the field of biology and assisting the Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences in program and course development. The ideal applicant will be comfortable developing courses and teaching a variety of topics within the field in addition to current area of expertise. Additionally, the ability to establish effective, collegial relationships with colleagues and students is an essential component of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses within the CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. A typical load would be 24 credit hours of biology (or related discipline) undergraduate courses during the fiscal year.
- Provide advising and mentoring of Natural Sciences and Mathematics students as is deemed necessary by the CUS Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences
- Assist the CUS Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences in recruiting Affiliate Faculty for the CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
- Provide exemplary leadership for CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Affiliate Faculty.
- Demonstrate superior oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the University community, ministry partners, corporate partners, and general audiences as deemed necessary by the CUS Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences.
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards in face-to-face, telephone, and written communication.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and positively with administrators, faculty, and staff to establish and maintain effective positive working relationships.
- Demonstrate strong participatory servant leadership skills.
- Teach assigned undergraduate courses within the CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, primarily in biology.
- Assist the CUS Dean of the School of Humanities and Sciences.
- Provide strategic thinking in fulfilling the goals of CUS Department of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in support of the University Strategic Objectives.
- Provide effective servant leadership among faculty, staff, students, and administrators.li>
- Possess a Ph.D. degree in biology or a related field from an accredited college/university.
- Possess at a minimum two years of undergraduate/graduate teaching experience.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job posting will remain open until an adequate pool of qualified candidates has been received. Candidates are evaluated based on their qualifications as related to their knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.