Grace College invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Exercise Science. Responsibilities include teaching, advising, university service, scholarly activity, and professional development.
Grace College is an evangelical Christian Liberal Arts College. Located in the resort community of Winona Lake, near Warsaw, Indiana (36 miles west of Ft. Wayne), Grace College offers 52 academic majors (38 minors). Central to the mission is developing character, sharpening competence and preparing for service. Our goal in Christian living and teaching is to make Christ preeminent in all things. The programs of the college, as well as its community lifestyle commitment, are designed to encourage serious academic inquiry, a biblical worldview, spiritual understanding, and social conscience, all in the context of God's grace.
Science and Mathematics, a department within the School of Arts and Sciences, includes biological and physical sciences and mathematics studies. This department seeks an Exercise Science faculty member who holds views comparable to those of the institution, which include the institution's doctrinal commitments, called the Covenant of Faith. We are excited about someone who can expand and build on our current Exercise Science program.
Qualifications: This position offers a challenging opportunity to a faculty member with experience in the field of Exercise Science or related field. The successful candidate will have:
• A doctorate in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, or a related field.
• Successful teaching experience in higher education preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills that engage students in educational growth.
• Commitment to the mission and values of an evangelical Christian institution, which values the centrality of Jesus Christ and the Holy Scriptures in the purpose and life of the institution.
• Evidence of scholarship.
• Strong commitment to integration of faith and learning while teaching in the classroom.
• Must show promise in the areas of engaging undergraduate students in research and publication.
• Must be willing to contribute to teaching courses within the Science program.
Application Process: All contact information including a completed faculty application, cover letter, philosophy of teaching at a Christian liberal arts college, curriculum vitae, and three completed reference request forms should be sent to: Attn: Sandy Vera, Human Resources Coordinator, Grace College and Theological Seminary, 200 Seminary Drive, Winona Lake, IN 46590.
The Faculty Application and reference request forms can be downloaded at www.grace.edu, Human Resources, Employment.
Applications are preferred by 15 December 2014, after which the interview process will begin. The start date for this position is August 2015.
Grace College and Theological Seminary seeks a diverse work environment by encouraging women and minorities to apply.