Re: [asa] Climate Progress

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 12:38:11 EST

On 12/21/09, Christine Smith <christine_mb_smith@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Burgy,
>
> I'm sorry, but even as a fellow AGW proponent, I don't see that your
> arguments here are reasonable. First, I think it is highly unlikely that
> humanity would go extinct from even the worst climate change scenarios,...

Please understand that I don't think this will happen. I was arguing a
thought problem only, something physicists are, perhaps, too prone to
do. My argument is simply that if a situation developed that DID have
the extinction of humanity as a likely result, and if that result
could ONLY be achieved by embracing a dictatordhip, then embracing a
dictatorship is the better of two very bad options.

Nice writeup on you in the latest ASA news.