From: William Hamilton <willeugenehamilton@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 21 2009 - 08:15:03 EST

I have been out of this thread for a while -- working on a hot blog project
for church -- so if you folks follow Dave's advice (slow down the rate of
posts on this topic) I won't be disappointed.

For those of you who have time on your hands :-) you might peruse the
following paper by Scafetta and West:
*Nicola Scafetta*, and Bruce J. West, *Phenomenological reconstructions of
the solar signature in the NH surface temperature records since 1600. *J.
Geophys. Res., 112, D24S03, doi:10.1029/2007JD008437 (2007).
PDF<http://www.fel.duke.edu/%7Escafetta/pdf/2007JD008437.pdf>

This paper may answer in part Rich's challenge to me a while ago:
(paraphrase) If warming is due mainly to solar irradiance changes, why has
it only shown up in the last 70 years or so. I will post more in answer to
Rich when I get free of the project I'm currently working on.

--
William E (Bill) Hamilton Jr., Ph.D.
Member American Scientific Affiliation