Re: [asa] Human Sacrifice for Gaia & Culling the Herd

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 20 2009 - 22:22:08 EST

On Dec 20, 2009, at 4:32 PM, John Walley wrote:

> I think this is the responsible Christian response to AGW. I know Chuck Colson is openly derided on the ASA list but I for one would like to defend him.
>
> Notice the Financial Times of Canada endorses China's One Child Policy as the ultimate solution.
>

> Human Sacrifice for Gaia
> Environmentalism at Its Worst
> By Chuck Colson|Published Date: December 18, 2009
>
> http://www.breakpoint.org/commentaries/13862-human-sacrifice-for-gaia

"According to the paper, the failure to even consider [China's one child policy] at Copenhagen is proof that world leaders arenít serious about global warming."

With all the environmental extremists at Copenhagen they didn't even consider it?? Sounds like Mr. Colson is creating a movement where one doesn't exist even amongst the "crazies". I appreciate his valid concern but I don't sense this idea has much traction. Nevertheless it's worth tracking and If it becomes an issue I would be shoulder to shoulder with him on this.

Rich