From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Sun Dec 20 2009 - 15:08:52 EST

Glenn,
  I'm about a week behind in reading posts and am struggling to catch up so
you may have already covered this. But as I was putting on my snow tires to
get ready for this snowstorm, I suddenly realized I may have misunderstood
what you were trying to say. So let me clarify this before getting back into
the discussion.

I thought you were saying that you didn't trust the global warming trend
data because you didn't see the same trends in your US data. But perhaps you
were challenging the interpretation of the data rather than the data itself?
That is, in Fig. 2 on page 3 of
http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/mailings/2009/20091216_TemperatureOfScience.pdf
we see a global trend compared to the US trend. The warming trend is more
obvious in the global curve than in the US one, somewhat similar to your
data. Are you saying that the data are ok, but the interpretation of the
global trend as being due to global warming is not valid because such a
trend should be uniform over the earth and therefore show up in the US in
the same way? Or are you questioning the data itself?

Just wanted to clarify before pondering further.

Randy