From: Rich Blinne <>
Date: Sat Dec 19 2009 - 13:42:14 EST

On Dec 19, 2009, at 8:26 AM, Glenn Morton wrote:

Here is another question for Rich not to answer. I get my data from the Royal
Netherlands Meteorological
Rich gets his pictures (not data) from sites like and, neither of whom are scientific sites.

Tinyurl is a URL shortening service to keep the URL length short for my
postings. To even make this argument betrays your ignorance. Appinsys is
just plotting software that plots the raw data downloaded from the GHCN data
set. For *individual* stations the anomaly is just a constant offset from
the temperature. Let's look at some of the stations I looked and see if
appinsys anomaly matches the GISS records of the GHCN raw data and thus
correctly calculates the anomaly.

Malye Karmaku.

Apinsys anomaly:

GISS record:

See the station number match in the two URLs? Again, here's further evidence
I have clean hands. I do not produce my own graphs. Lord knows what kind of
manipulation/mistakes (such as you getting the years wrong once) you made.
Until you actually post the spreadsheets it's *your* graphs which are
suspect because to use your logic what kind of scientific site is

Let's keep going:

In order to shorten the very long URL I'll requote from TinyURL all the
anomalies on one page:

Now the average of these anomalies:

As was stated before the correct technique is average of anomalies and not
anomalies of averages. We see above that appinsys gets it right but you have
not shown that you have gotten the calculation right yourself. Until you
actually post your spreadsheets I will not answer any more of your

Rich Blinne
Member ASA

P.S. Here's the MASSIVE effect of the air conditioners at Ft. Morgan plotted
against the raw temperatures from other rural areas in the Eastern Plains:

To unsubscribe, send a message to with