Re: The First (was: Refuting Aristotle et al (was Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record))

From: Jack <drsyme@verizon.net>
Date: Sat Dec 19 2009 - 06:53:05 EST

People do it too.

There are many reports of people that "drown" in freezing water, and appear
dead, but "come back to life" after they warm up. In fact, one of the
exclusions in brain death determinations is low body temperature. You can't
declare someone dead by brain criteria until you warm them up.

There are also some neurosurgical procedures that use freezing as part of
the anesthesia. The heart and brain function cease during this time, but
all is restored when the patient is warmed up again.