Re: [asa] Looking After Creation

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 10:39:39 EST

On 12/6/09, John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com> wrote:

If for whatever the cause, the earth was warmer before and we survived
it, then what's the huge alarm now? "

Because the most likely outcomes have a billion people perishing? Oh
well -- they mostly live somewhere else.

"I have a hard time accepting the genuineness of the concern for the
poor since environmentalism has a track record of sacrificing them
regularly for the cause of saving the earth, for instance with DDT and
malaria."

If mistakes were made with DDT, and this is not yet shown to be so,
they were made to benefit the poor, not "sacrificing" them. That is
simply Rush Limbaugh talk.