From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 17 2009 - 07:02:51 EST

On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:02 PM, Glenn Morton wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> At least there is a physical reason for the static adjustment. Rich might have answered my question but I find it odd that there is no mentioned physical reason for modern stations to be reading too cold requiring an increase in their temperature--especially when those thermometers are next to air conditioners.
>
> GRM: Don, look at my post on my blog tonight. I put out a study of Siberia. The raw data doesn't support Global warming at all. If anyone wants to disagree with me then they must do the work I did and download all the Northern Russian data.
>
> see
> http://themigrantmind.blogspot.com SIBERIA IS GETTING COLDER., contrary to the claims of both Rich, Randy and the AGW crowd. The data must be edited severely to make it warm.
>
> Rich please explain the failure of your AGW prediction

No failure. See the following plot of the average of the raw data of the 19 stations in the Asian Russian Federation above the Arctic Circle excluding any years that have < 12 months of service. Note how the trend since 1980 is at ~5x the global rate of warming. That's polar amplification. Glenn you're really making a fool out of yourself.

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/climgraph.aspx?pltparms=GHCNT100XJanDecA188020081201910AS22220046000x22220069000x22220274000x22220292000x22220353000x22220674000x22220744000x22220891000x22221432000x22221647000x22221946000x22221965000x22221982000x22223022001x22223074000x22223146000x22223205000x22223219000x22223330000x

Siberia is not the only arctic country note the following from Environment Canada:
http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=714D9AAE-1&news=83CBC408-195A-42C4-B1C9-943A590FBDDF
Temperature and Precipitation

Throughout the province, the temperatures for this month were closer to the October normals values than Novembers. All Ontario sites recorded higher mean temperatures than normal. The Northern locations broke records dating as far back as the 1940s, by differences ranging from 3C to 8C.

In terms of precipitation, it has been a dry month. Most locations have recorded lower total precipitation than normal. The Sarnia weather station recorded very little precipitation, ranking it the second driest November in over a century. Kingston experienced its driest November since the 1930s. Records were broken throughout southern Ontario. Snowfall amounts were much lower than normally expected at this time of year, resembling the values observed last month. For the first time in recorded history, Toronto established a new record for a snow-free month.

Meanwhile in Murray's neck of the woods:
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/month/aus/summary.shtml

Maximum temperatures averaged over Australia were 2.12C above normal, ranking second behind the 2006 record of +2.17C. They were at least 2C above normal throughout New South Wales and Victoria, South Australia except for the far north, and Tasmania except for the east coast, with similar anomalies also occurring along the south coast of Western Australia east of Albany, and on the west coast near Carnarvon and Broome. In the south-east anomalies were much more extreme, and were mostly in the +5-7C range in South Australia south of Port Pirie, Victoria away from the coast, and inland New South Wales except the far west. Statewide anomalies set records in NSW, Victoria and Tasmania, with the first two (+4.99 and +4.92C respectively) exceeding the previous largest anomaly recorded for an Australian state. Station records were set over an area covering all of Victoria, inland New South Wales except the far north-west, the east coast south of Sydney, most agricultural areas of South Australia, and north-western Tasmania. Records were also set locally around Broome and east of Darwin.

In the Southern Hemisphere, both the November 2009 average temperature for land areas, and the Hemisphere as a whole (land and ocean surface combined), represented the warmest November on record. Globally it's also the warmest November on record for the lower-troposphere and mid-troposphere satellites and radiosondes.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA