[asa] List rules?

From: Allan Harvey <steamdoc@q.com>
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 20:01:09 EST

No, this message isn't about the pseudonym issue ...

I'm wondering whatever happened to the rule of a maximum 4 posts per day per person. One person in particular has been in egregious violation of this on more days than not for several weeks now (with some of the posts having value, others being simple forwarding of often silly anti-AGW propaganda), and I can think of another whose pace is not far behind. A few others have exceeded the limit on multiple occasions.

Of course we don't want to be overly strict -- some days the discussion is such that a 5th or 6th message might be needed. I see that even our Executive Director Randy reached 5 on Dec. 7. But the list is being drowned in messages these days, and the signal-to-noise ratio is not good. So I ask the powers-that-be: is that still a rule/guideline? And if so, to preserve some semblance of value for this list would you please do something (presumably starting with warnings) about our more flagrant offenders?

Allan (ASA member)

P.S. The easiest way to spot how much people are posting is the archive pages like this:
http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200912/author.html