RE: Refuting Aristotle et al (was Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Wed Dec 16 2009 - 12:27:18 EST

Gregory said:
"Are you seriously suggesting that a 'first' is unnecessary?"

Try looking at a baby as it develops, and then try to tell me exactly when the nose "first" appears. It happens so gradual that you can't tell. Same with human evolution. There is no biological 'first man' as it is so gradual. In both cases, you start from something very simple and build piecewise until you have a very complex product. The embryo analogy is classic and very illustrative; I may have first heard it from Lamoureux.

...Bernie