[asa] Climate change journals

From: Christine Smith <christine_mb_smith@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 22:43:36 EST

Hi all,

In Glen's latest post, he asked me twice what I thought of comments written by others in response to his skepticism of the instrumental temperature data. Frankly, I'm rather disappointed by my fellow AGW proponents on this list. First they have demanded that the data be engaged, and then they denigrate someone who is very respectfully and intelligently asking questions about specific data points. I can only believe that they have become so frustrated by the debate (because I know they've had it before) that these rather flippant and disrespectful responses are them just letting off some steam.

In any case, I feel compelled to try and dig more deeply into the data myself. Although I've been well-schooled in the fundamental concepts here, this would be my first foray into the scientifically reviewed journals. I would like to get a short list of the most important journals to look at, so that I can figure out how much all of this would cost me in subscription fees. Letting me know of any other sources of that rigor which I should review would also be helpful.

Please note that this does not in anyway change my view that AGW is a significant problem. I am simply trying to become better educated on the issue so that I can "engage the data" myself more intelligently in the future. ::sigh:: I am not looking forward to cracking open my stats. textbook again though. :(

In Christ,
Christine

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" ~II Corinthians 5:7

Help save the life of a homeless animal--visit www.azrescue.org to find out how.

Recycling a single aluminum can conserves enough energy to power your TV for 3 hours--Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Learn more at www.cleanup.org