Re: Refuting Aristotle et al (was Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record)

From: Murray Hogg <muzhogg@netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 21:12:19 EST

Greg, Schwarzwald,

The issue is not the form of the argument, or its logic.

I already agreed that there must be a first human.

The problem is the definition of "human".

And whether you acknowledge it or not the problem of definition is one that is enormously complicated by the insights of modern science - complications which were entirely unfamiliar to Aristotle and the Church Fathers.

There is no problem with Dennis' philosophy on this matter.

Blessings,
Murray