Re: [asa] Climate Progress

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 18:02:07 EST

On 12/13/09, Schwarzwald <schwarzwald@gmail.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> the Heartland Institute. If they win, my great grandchildren,
>> struggling to survive in a ruined world, will curse their names.
>>

> A ruined world? Would that be the one with a worldwide China-style "one
> child" policy?

What that world would look at politically is as scarey as thinking
about how it would look at environmentally.

If the China policy is the only way to avoid destruction of our
civilization, then I'd be for it. I think it will not come to that,
unless the denialists win.In that case the China policy will be way
down the list on humanity's survival efforts.

How many people must die -- painfully -- because of the Heartland
misinformation? I think the number is already in the tens of
thousands. Even if the IPCC recommendations are taken seriuosly.