Re: Fwd: a modest proposal [was: Re: [asa] Phil Jones Stepping Down..]

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 19:26:15 EST

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM, William Hamilton <
willeugenehamilton@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be better to reread Glenn's blog than to rely on my explanation.
> However, in explanation Glenn postulated that October is a month when air
> conditioners are shut down, so the surface stations located near air
> conditioner exhausts are registering the true temperature. There are a lot
> of surface stations located near air conditioner exhausts, as you will find
> from looking at www.surfacestations.org.

The fraud continues (not Glenn but surfacestations.org). See the Marysville
v. Orland comparison at the bottom of the front page of
www.surfacestations.org. The start points and scales are completely
different. Compare to the click through values:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/gistemp_station.py?id=425745000030&data_set=1&num_neighbors=1
http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/gistemp_station.py?id=425725910040&data_set=1&num_neighbors=1

Air conditioning became commonly available say in the 30s so let's look at
the trends between 1930 and now. First Orland:

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/climgraph.aspx?pltparms=GHCNT100AJanDecI193020080900110AS42572591004x

Now Marysville:

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/climgraph.aspx?pltparms=GHCNT100AJanDecI193020080900110AS42574500003x

Both go sideways. No warming. No cooling. Curiously the Marysville graph
on both GISS and NCDC databases has a low value of 15.5 degrees while the
front page version almosts touches 14. Notice the data from Orland before
1900 which goes almost to 20 degrees while Marysville is conveniently
chopped off at 1900. The scale for Orland is much bigger than Marysville. If
you go back to the 19th Century Marysville does so also:

http://www.appinsys.com/GlobalWarming/climgraph.aspx?pltparms=GHCNT100AJanDecI187020080900110AS42574500003x

It seems that Marysville had air conditioning before Willis Carrier was born
(1875)! So both the warming and cooling were manufactured to show a
non-existent effect. BTW, all my graphs from the NCDC database were
uncorrected. The corrected values were not significantly different.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA