Re: [asa] The Mathematics of Global Warming

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 15:13:10 EST

On 11/30/09, Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu> wrote:
> The answer to these questions is that Al Gore is Chairman of “Generation
> Investment Management LLP" (GIM) which will make billions of dollars with
> the farce that is global warming.

Moorad -- you are attacking a fellow Christian in a most unChristian way.

May I suggest you look at the interview with Mr. Gore from a recent
show on Faux News:

The full exchange from the hearing is included below, with relevant
CAPS. Note the selective editing by this "Fair and Balanced" network.

BLACKBURN: So you’re a partner in Kleiner Perkins. OK. Now, they have
invested about a billion dollars in 40 companies that are going to
benefit from cap-and-trade legislation. So is the legislation that we
are discussing here today, is that something that you are going to
personally benefit from?

GORE: I believe that the transition to a green economy is good for our
economy and good for all of us, and I have invested in it. BUT EVERY
PENNY THAT I HAVE MADE I HAVE PUT RIGHT INTO A NON_PROFIT, THE
ALLIANCE FOE CLIMATE PROTECTION TO SPREAD AWARENESS OF WHY WE HAVE TO
TAKE ON THIS CHALLENGE. And Congresswoman, if you’re — if you
believe that the reason I have been working on this issue for 30 years
is because of greed, you don’t know me.

BLACKBURN: Sir, I’m not making accusations, I’m asking questions that
have been asked of me and individuals — constituents that were seeking
a point of clarity, so I am asking you for that point of — point of
clarity.

GORE: I understand exactly what you’re doing, Congresswoman. Everybody
here does.

BLACKBURN: And, well — you know, are you willing to divest yourself of
any profit? DOES ALL OF IT GO TO A NOT-FOR-PROFIT THAT IS AN
EDUCATIONAL NOT-FOR-PROFIT?–

GORE: EVERY PENNY THAT i HAVE MADE -

BLACKBURN: EVERY PENNY -

GORE: – HAS GONE TO IT EVERY PENNY FROM THE MOVIE, FROM THE BOOK, FROM
ANY INVESTMENTS IN RENEWABLE ENERGY. I’ve been willing to put my money
where my mouth is. Do you think there’s something wrong with being
active in business in this country?

BLACKBURN: I am simply asking for clarification –

GORE: I’m proud of it.

BLACKBURN: – of the relationship.

GORE: I’m proud of it.