RE: [asa] (asa) Re: Robot Minds

From: Christine Smith <christine_mb_smith@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Dec 10 2009 - 15:55:08 EST

Hi all,

Bernie writes:
"> Hitting an "on" button doesn't change
> the physical "bill of materials."
>
> My point is that before and after hitting "on" you have the
> same exact physical constitution."

No, after you hit the "on" button, the configuration in the battery changes, the chemicals in the battery react which changes its energy state (i.e. your battery life is now shorter) and the electrons move. Your start and end points are different, which was my point. They are not, as you put it, "Physically....100% the same."

In Christ,
Christine

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" ~II Corinthians 5:7

Help save the life of a homeless animal--visit www.azrescue.org to find out how.

Recycling a single aluminum can conserves enough energy to power your TV for 3 hours--Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Learn more at www.cleanup.org