RE: [asa] New Age Cults and the Georgia Guidestones

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 17:59:54 EST

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009, Jon Tandy wrote:

> Besides the lack of precision between the calculation 361,448 (rounded here
> for simplicity) and the speed of light 361,343, I'm wondering about the "366
> degrees to an Earth circle" (is a gross approximation of the 365.2424 days
> per year?), and the earth's "40,000 km in circumference" (measured at what
> point?) ?? (I also wonder what are Kths, but I'm too lazy and uninterested
> to look it up.)

I agree that this id petty ridiculous.

Moving on to your question about the circumference of the earth. I think
this is supposed to be a great circle passing through the poles. I think
that that is the way that the metric system was invented. The distance
from a pole to the equator was defined to be 10,000 kilometers.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)