Re: [asa] Fw: AIG

From: Ted Davis <TDavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 14:40:59 EST

Davis Young does indeed have plenty of company. Almost 100% of ASA members would be considered "compromising Christians" by the folks at AIG. Anyone who accepts an "old" earth is in that category, and almost all of our members accept an old earth--based on what I know of their views from interacting with them for 30+ years.

Many will know of Hugh Ross' books, advocating a form of the day-age view of Genesis, based partly on modern astronomy and partly on Ross' opinion about the meanings of the Hebrew word "yom." A few years ago, AIG made Ross the focal point of its message for a given year. As part of that "event," former AIG employeee Jonathan Sarfati published a book called, "Refuting Compromise: A Biblical and Scientific Refutation of 'Progressive Creationism' (Billions of Years) As Popularized by Astronomer Hugh Ross."

Whatever anyone here thinks of Ross's ideas, we're pretty much all in the same boat as far as AIG is concerned. Anyone got an oar?

Ted