Re: [asa] William Conyers Herring

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Wed Dec 09 2009 - 10:42:30 EST

Thanks for the link, Moorad. If Herring gave those lectures at Stanford in
1985, I'm quite sure Dick Bube was not yet retired and given his role as
department head of materials science and his activities in science and
religion, there must have been some communication between them at that time.
But I've never come across anything of the sort. Perhaps Herring's
"nonjudgmental faith in Jesus Christ" was too far from the ASA statement of
faith?

Randy