RE: [asa] CO2 in Food Production...

From: Jon Tandy <tandyland@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 18:27:20 EST

Absolutely, a lot of factors. However, I don't think the production of the
auto counts. Most people would own the car for other reasons, regardless of
whether I could bike or walk to work sometimes. But delivery and production
of gas and oil vs. production of food seems reasonably to tip the balance in
favor of walking, contrary to the assertion that started this whole
discussion.

And yes, we finally had winter set in - it will poke above freezing a few
times this week. I would love to ride public transit of some kind and work
on the laptop on the way to work, but that's an impossibility here.

Jon Tandy