Re: [asa] A greener way to get electricity from natural gas

From: Murray Hogg <muzhogg@netspace.net.au>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 15:19:41 EST

Rich Blinne wrote:
 See this from last week's
> PNAS: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/12/01/0908374106.abstract
>

> People often reason egocentrically about others' beliefs, using
> their own beliefs as an inductive guide.

Thanks for this link, Rich - very helpful from a pastoral and devotional perspective, I think.

That opening line from the abstract, incidentally, is a pretty succinct statement of my own approach to conflict - I usually assume that the person who jumps so easily to accusations against others is probably guilty of transference so, crudely put, I normally take sweeping accusations on the basis of rather tendentious "analysis" of evidence as tantamount to an admission of guilt.

Makes for a fun way to see the world - "he who yells loudest, has most to hide"

Blessings,
Murray