Re: [asa] CO2 in Food Production...

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 06:57:22 EST

Interesting calculation. I don't know if it is correct or not, but assuming
it is, there is one significant difference. Eating and walking is a way of
recycling carbon, especially if the food is organic or grown in your own
garden and didn't consume too much transportation fuel to get to your house.
Driving a car removes carbon that was naturally sequestered in fossil fuels
and is a net emission into the atmosphere. It's not just quantity that
counts, it's the source as well.

Randy