Re: [asa] agw: Skeptics vs Believers

From: Schwarzwald <schwarzwald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 20:12:02 EST

Murray,

Come on. We're going to let the discussion reduce to this?

It couldn't be your point. You told me you "know of no other instance in
which this line of argument is used with any seriousness." Banal is
commonplace, unsurprising, typical. In other words, I'm saying there's quite
a lot of instances where this line of argument is seriously advanced. Are
you going to ask me to give me examples where "Are we sure this course of
action will work, and even if it can work in some way, will it do so in the
time frame needed?" is seriously asked? I'm willing to meet the request.
After all, I have no problem explaining things that are ban... er.
"Commonplace."

;)