Re: [asa] agw: Skeptics vs Believers

From: Murray Hogg <muzhogg@netspace.net.au>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 18:48:57 EST

Schwarzwald wrote:
> 3) How do we know cutting back emissions (which itself can be done in a
> lot of ways, from out and out fines and pulling back of industry, to
> major investment in nuclear power plans, etc) will work, or work "in time"?

Hi Schwarzwald,

I know of no other instance in which this line of argument is used with any seriousness.

Sure, immediate action may not prevent certain consequences of AGW - but they may serve to mitigate consequences which might arise over and above those immediately under consideration.

Blessings,
Murray