RE: [asa] New Age Cults and the Georgia Guidestones

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 10:49:43 EST

I truly believe that the Christian faith is the correct metaphysics to regulate all the different kinds of knowledge we have. I do not want to enumerate how that is so for each kind of knowledge, including science. Note I said to regulate and not to make direct implications.

As a Christian, I am pleased that our faith is guided by searching the truth. “And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:32.
“All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.” John 1:3.

“…resulting in a true knowledge of God's mystery, that is, Christ Himself, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” Colossians 2:2-3.
Of course, some of these cannot be used to do science. Nonetheless, one can find that violations of the above ontological statements would undermine science, epistemology, etc.

I am not saying that an atheist cannot search the truth and know without presupposing the above; but the atheist’s way of knowing can be consistent with the above yet inconsistent with his stated beliefs.

Merry Christmas to you all,

Moorad