Re: [asa] agw: Skeptics vs Believers

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 07:22:47 EST

That is a great site. Thank you.

It also seems noteworthy that on this list, those who are not convinced of
AGW have not yet engaged with the data. They either haven't provided any
reasons for their view, or have offered subjective perspectives such as not
liking the attitude of AGW advocates or fearing that there might be
connections with New Age philosophies, or simply not trusting the scientists
involved. Many simply persist in expressing their doubts but fail to respond
to any data that are presented. I think it is important that the discussion
focus on the basic scientific methodology. I like having people on both
sides of the issue on this list. That is important for an effective dialog.
But let's see the data! Or hear some substantive arguments. Attitudes and
fears of New Age aren't in that category, important though they may be.

Randy