[asa] New Age Cults and the Georgia Guidestones

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 22:43:33 EST

This is one of the reasons why I have always had a hard time taking AGW serious as a Christian concern. About 60 miles from my house is this modern day Stonehenge like monument that was built anonymously years ago with the New Age 10 Commandments engraved in it in all the major languages of the world.

The first and foremost commandment is:  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Although I am not a mathematician, by my calculations that means about 90% of us have to go. So that would be 2-3 of those of us that are regular posters on this list.

Why would anyone build this? And why would anyone believe this? And what are we supposed to make of it? But my concern is that if we hand over the kind of power and control we are talking about in AGW legislation to the government and some of these New Age occultists get into power, it could be dire. As Christians, are not any of you others concerned about this?

John

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones