Re: [asa] 450 Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skepticism of "Man-Made" Global Warming (was Re: [asa] 31,000 scientists against global warming.)

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 17:20:08 EST

>> PNAS itself didn't use to be even peer-reviewed. I think as long as an NAS
>> member was willing to sponsor a paper it could be published. Could someone
>> confirm this? Is this still true today?
>> I ran into this because of my own interest in Linus Pauling's
>>  counter-mainstream vitamin C research.

To some extent, this option for PNAS is being phased out around now.
I strongly suspect that the PNAS "Caterpillars are derived from
onychophoran genes introduced into Insecta by hybridization" paper
that has been generating a lot of fuss lately did not get much review.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections