Re: [asa] 31,000 scientists against global warming.

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 13:38:44 EST

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, John Walley wrote:

> I saw a news clip of some reporter at a White House news briefing asking a question about Climategate and the response was that they were sticking with the scientists and that there were 6000 scientists who believed that AGW was real. The reporter immediately responded that there were 31,000 scientists against AGW and 9000 of them with PhD's.

This reminds me of YEC propaganda. Don't say what kind of scientists these
are, and don't say what fields the Ph.D.s are in, and expect the audience
will be too impressed to ask such questions. I think it is significant
that only 9000 of the 31,000 have Ph.D.s. It is inconceivable to me that
more than a tiny fraction of any set of 31,000 scientists are qualified to
decide the AGW issue.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)