Re: [asa] Doubting science

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro99@q.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 17:13:10 EST
Just to complete the message:
...and those that were frauds were discovered by........and made public by.............??
Guess what?   The (untrusted?) science community.........
JimA [Friend of ASA]

Michael Roberts wrote:
We need to say it LOUD AND CLEAR THAT THERE WAS NO FRAUD OVER THE PEPPERED MOTHS. (Capitals deliberate as I am shouting.) Those who claim that are blatant liars or repeating blatant lies.

Piltdown was a great hoax - met one of the suspects in his 80s. I wish I had done it:)

To add to them there was an Indian palaeontologist who published lots of fraudulent papers until he was rumbled by an Australian  - typical of an Oz.

Scientific fraud is fairly rare

Michael