Re: [asa] Doubting science

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 16:59:17 EST

We need to say it LOUD AND CLEAR THAT THERE WAS NO FRAUD OVER THE PEPPERED MOTHS. (Capitals deliberate as I am shouting.) Those who claim that are blatant liars or repeating blatant lies.

Piltdown was a great hoax - met one of the suspects in his 80s. I wish I had done it:)

To add to them there was an Indian palaeontologist who published lots of fraudulent papers until he was rumbled by an Australian - typical of an Oz.

Scientific fraud is fairly rare

Michael