Re: [asa] Doubting science

From: Murray Hogg <muzhogg@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 16:49:35 EST

Hi Gordon,

This is not an isolated case, and the proliferation of faked fossils coming out of China is a serious concern;

http://www.paleodirect.com/fakechinesefossils1.htm

Fortunately, the practice is now familiar to palaeontologists so that - like those who trade in arts and antiquities - issues of authenticity are now given serious consideration.

Blessings,
Murray