RE: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 11:07:21 EST

Nucacids said:
"My outlook is very comprehensive. My theological perspective is outlined
here (and in the entries that follow):
http://shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/because-of-us/:"

"So how did we come into existence? Was it the miracle of Creationism? Was it the natural law and evolutionary convergence of Conway Morris or Denton? Was it by front-loading evolution? Or was it the mixture of natural selection and contingency as outlined by Dawkins and Gould? Answer - it doesn't matter."

I disagree big time. Because it affects theology critically. If by the miracle of creationism (YEC) then there's a literal Adam, a literal fall from grace from eating a piece of forbidden fruit, no death before the fall, vegetarian T-Rex's and alligators, a worldwide flood, etc. But if through evolution and billions of years, a theology like that of Denis Lamoureux is possible (denying all of the above). It is a very different view of God, and how God interacts with his creatures.

I think your approach encourages the current church slumber on these issues. "Questions on origins? Forget it, it isn't important." That's what I heard at church.

...Bernie