Re: [asa] Theology of AGW WAS The Climate Science Isn't Settled

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 09:48:36 EST

But just a few emails ago, I thought it was welcome to discuss the theology implications of AGW. As grown up, educated, intellectual, science minded Christians capable of critical thinking and spiritual discernment, I would have thought it would be relevant to discuss the spiritual fruit of Christian leaders in the AGW movement. As a case in point, you guys love to pile on Bernie here for evangelizing for atheism, but when a cult favorite in their own words evangelizes for Gaia, that is protected by this list's selective Christian sanctimony again. John   ________________________________ From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com> To: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net> Cc: asa@calvin.edu Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 9:19:45 AM Subject: Re: [asa] Theology of AGW WAS The Climate Science Isn't Settled I heartily second Randy's post.  I saw a lot of it go on at University when the folks who showed any interest in social concern were branded as "not" Christians.  It stank then and it still does.  No wonder I am becoming increasingly disaffected with evangelical Christianity. Iain On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net> wrote: Can we please all stop any discussion of other people's, or each other's, Christianity or lack thereof? Bashing other people, justified or not, is not a topic for this list. Please go elsewhere for that. On this list, please stick to the ideas and concepts relating to science and faith without maligning each other. Remember, the fundamental principle of ASA: >" We are committed to providing an open forum where controversies can be discussed without fear of unjust condemnation. Legitimate differences of opinion among Christians who have studied both the Bible and science are freely expressed within the Affiliation in a context of Christian love and concern for truth." >  >The context of Christian love is to be extended to all people and should be reflected in the tone of all posts. >  >Randy > -- ----------- Non timeo sed caveo