Re: [asa] Theology of AGW WAS The Climate Science Isn't Settled

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 09:09:51 EST

 Other groups closely associated are the Heartland Institute, the Greening Earth Society, and Friends of Science. The people that show up multiple times on the boards or advisors in these are include Tim Ball,  Sallie Balliunas, Willie Soon, Pattrick Michaels, and Fred Seitz. >>  >>All of these organizations have one goal, keep industry completely unregulated. Two weeks before the Nobel Prize in chemistry was issued on work that showed that CFCs destroy the ozone hole these groups said that the science was uncertain and we shouldn't be regulating any companies. The ban on CFCs was a smashing success which had also a little known beneficial side effect on global warming because CFCs are the worst kind of greenhouse gas. >Yeah, weren't CFC ozone damage found out to be off by 60-75%? More in inline with established science? >  >Snip... >  >I also googled the WSJ article this letter inspired and found it to be rather tame, saying that possibly the data was being made to fit the conclusion, among other things. Possibly a prophetic statement the current scandals gong on. >  >Not telling both sides is typical from the political left as I assume you are and an ardent AGW (technocrat?) employee who's own professional reputation is tied to AGW. >  >I once started a dialogue with PVM sometime ago but gave up when he appeared to be lazy and hazy with opposing thought and documentation and ended most statements with positive confession assertions that made me believe he was trying to make it so by saying it was so. >  >Quite simply AGW doesn't pass the 'smell test' for a lot of people...including me because of half truths, here are some,  viciousness against skeptics and a lack of original data. This I brought to PVM in a WSJ op-ed by a researcher at Woods Hole, I believe, who asked Anglia for copies of their data when they stated that some year was the hottest on record. He was emailed back a statement that to me was  middle finger reply. Now we see why.. and this was several years ago. >  >One other thing. What if all of you are wrong? Are you going to go on a stage somewhere and publicly ask for countries forgiveness for wanting to cause hardship and suffering to million here not to mention around the world? I want to know what is the consequence should be for you if you are wrong.  >