Re: [asa] Doubting science

From: Schwarzwald <schwarzwald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 00:35:48 EST

Heya Jon,

I would further add another parallel between "Climategate" and "Evolution":
The tendency of some people who boost evolution and climate change to
misrepresent what the science says, what science can say, and what impact
this should have on our lives.

There IS quite a lot of scandal and deceit with regards to evolution, even
if the underlying science is solid. And I think there's some amount of
scandal and deceit involved with AGW, even before getting into the fact of
AGW itself.

Maybe that's another parallel, that blind spot of the actual failings and
their relevance.