Re: [asa] Theology of AGW WAS The Climate Science Isn't Settled

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 17:01:28 EST

I believe he's refering to my statement that the people who broke in were
such. I also expressed some queesiness and used the phrase "traficking in
stolen goods" with respect to quoting from the e-mails particularly when it
was used to bear negatively on the person who allegedly wrote the e-mail --
and even worse third parties. I tend to grant more leeway when it's used to
defend the person writing the e-mail. Different people will make different
calls on this and also do different media organizations. For example, Sean
Hannity along with Karl Rove expressed in my opinion legitimate disgust when
Gov. Palin's personal e-mails were stolen while wanting to get to the bottom
of these e-mails.

From what I've seen the calls here for an investigation while waiting for
the results of the same is a perfectly fine response. It's the lack of
waiting and prematurely imputing motives I took issue with.

Rich Blinne
Member ASA