Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 19:03:58 EST

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> It is a brave thing for you as a scientist to say this Terry!
>
> Richard Dawkins would call you names for saying so.
>
> But then again, really, who is Richard Dawkins?!

Here's what Richard Dawkins had to say in Chapter 1.

"The Archbishop of Canterbury has no problem with evolution, nor does the
Pope (give or take the odd wobble over the precise paleontological juncture
when the human soul is injected), nor do educated priests and professors of
theology."

There you have it, Terry. Richard Dawkins called you wobbly. Be brave.

I love the Brits' usage of the word wobbly. For example Lady Thatcher said:

"In the evening of 26th August President [George HW] Bush telephoned me from
Kennebunkport. I told him how pleased I was with Security Council Resolution
665 which had been passed the day before, enabling us to enforce the
embargo. We must use our powers to stop Iraqi shipping. This was no time to
go wobbly."

Rich Blinne
Member ASA