Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record

From: Murray Hogg <muzhogg@netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 14:54:30 EST

Hi Terry,

For what it's worth, I agree that Haldane's quip points to one of the strongest arguments for evolution: the simple consistency of the fossil record.

No rabbits in the Precambrian: and all those T's-Rex, Mastodons, Great sloaths, and Neandertals being equally well behaved.

For mine, every time somebody opines about gaps in the fossil record I merely wonder: "what theory are you offering that better explains the data?"

As you say: "There are no exceptions in the fossil record to the canonical common descent sequence."

In that respect there's another sort of gap in the fossil record: the gap where out of sequence fossil specimens would be given a non-evolutionary past - a far more glaring problem than the gap with which evolutionists have to deal.

Blessings,
Murray