[asa] RE: C.S. Lewis: Two lectures

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 13:30:07 EST

Bernie,

I suppose that before evangelizing Christians to atheism, you must have done your homework with wife and kids. If God is love, how do you love and teach love to your kids and wife without God and the sacrificial example that Christ set?

Is there something in you that resonates with the words and deeds of Christ (of course, legends)? Anything at all?

Regarding evolution and brand new things and H + 2 O = H20, etc. Have you ever read the following?

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

http://www.getyourowndirt.com/

Moorad