[asa] RE: C.S. Lewis: Two lectures

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 12:11:28 EST

"Lewis is sometimes excused as believing in evolution; this essay makes it clear that he believes no such thing"

Read the last chapter of "Mere Christianity" where CS Lewis uses evolution as an analogy for the gospel. As a former Christian I find many (maybe most) things in Christianity as foolish, but this chapter is so brilliant it does perplex me. It is brilliant as how evolution produces brand new things, such as a mind when there was previously no mind (same with sight, hearing, etc.). Maybe the latest new thing was immortality and a relationship with God. But I can't accept it, because it seems to me it is a small clear witness in a cloud of superstitious witnesses for Christianity at large. There may be a baby in the bathwater, but if so, it looks like a baby in the ocean, from my perspective... and I think it all turns to nonsense when drilling down into the details...

,,,Bernie
(Friend of the ASA)