[asa] C.S. Lewis: Two lectures

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 11:58:06 EST

I am reading the chapter “Two lectures” in C.S. Lewis’s “God in the Dock.” Here is a summary, since I cannot find it online and post the whole thing

Two Lectures [p.209] is a very insightful observation that Evolution argues only from simple to complex, while in the real world we also have simple things like acorns coming from whole (complex) oak trees, and rocket engines coming not from simpler machines but from the far more complex mind of a man. Evolution thus is not a reflection on the way Nature operates, but rather it completely ignores how half of Nature operates. Lewis is sometimes excused as believing in evolution; this essay makes it clear that he believes no such thing -- at least not the way the scientists describe it.
Tom Pittman http://www.ittybittycomputers.com/Essays/GodDock.htm

Moorad