Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record

From: Steve Martin <steven.dale.martin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 08:20:06 EST

Hi John,

I think that it depends on your definition for TE & PC. My impression is
that there are a growing number of ID proponents who agree with common
descent, but still claim that there were some "supernatural biological
interventions" along the way eg. initial life, development of some complex
biological features). For eg. the blog Mike started
telicthoughts<http://www.telicthoughts.com>has some representation of
these ideas I think. So, just like ID spans a
wide range (YEC, OEC, TE), the PC range may be growing as well - eg. the
"old PCs" without CD eg. RTB and the "new PCs" that accept it.

You are right that CD is probably a "Rubicon" for most evangelicals ... but
OEC is also a "Rubicon" for a great many evangelicals.

thanks,

Steve Martin (CSCA)