Re: [asa] Dawkins on the fossil record

From: John Walley <john_walley@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 07:43:34 EST

Terry,

I am not sure who you mean by Progressive Creationists but in my mind that means RTB and they adamantly do not accept common descent. In fact, they go to great lengths to explain away the evidences for CD and instead appeal to a mysterious unknown function for the various markers in order to be able to appeal to "design", implying that they were put there intentionally in all the various species for some reason known only to God.

I don't know of any flavor of creationism that does other than TE that does accept CD and in fact from my perspective, it really is the new litmus test for evangelical orthodoxy. Most evangelicals can work in OEC into their theology although the death before the fall issue becomes problematic, but CD trashes the literacy of Genesis and becomes a theological can of worms, and is crossing the Rubicon into heresy for most evangelicals.

Thanks

John