Re: [asa] The image of God- question for Lamoureux

From: Bill Powers <>
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 09:29:48 EDT

You wrote in replying to Bernie:

"& your insistence on phrasing the issue in terms of an historical Adam
that you have not escapted from your YEC understanding of Christianity.
You may not believe it anymore but I suspect that your understanding of
Christianity is still framed in those terms. & that will of course make it
difficult for you to understand Christian theology that is not formulated that

Perhaps this is changing the focus of the thread, but I am interested in
what ways you believe a "YEC Christianity" is different from a TE, OEC, or
ID, etc. forms of Christianity.

It is not clear to me that there are any "necessary" correlations.

But it does seem to me that non-YEC forms of Christianity *tend* to
engender a less immanent or less personal god.

To unsubscribe, send a message to with