RE: [asa] Re: [asa] Re: Lorenz equations and fine tuning (was Results of Cameron'sSurvey)

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 10:26:59 EDT

Bill,
The subject matter of science is snapshots of reality, which is the data used to develop theories. Issues of existence do not really come at this level. The ontological issue comes only when we integrate this phenomenological aspect of Nature with the metaphysics whose subject matter is being, question of existence. It is in this manner that we arrive at a philosophy of Nature, which is an integration of a positive science (the phenomenological aspect) and metaphysics (the ontological aspect). One may also need theology, which is the other kind of knowledge that studies the ontological, in order to arrive at a philosophy of Nature. However, this may be questionable.
Moorad