RE: [asa] science playground parable

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 15:20:59 EDT

"Why is it that the most heated enmity is reserved for those closer to ourselves? Or is that just an illusion created by proximity?"

Yes- I think so. Just like people can be more rude and mean to family than they are to strangers.

"Lewis once observed that of all bad men, religious bad men are the worst"

Maybe he meant those that put creed/dogma over love/justice/mercy, etc.

Example- if we saw a gay person get beat-up and was unconscious on the side of the road, would we help them? Would we be a 'good samaritan' to a gay? A "religious person" might think they deserve it- as punishment from God- "stone them like the Bible says" kind of thing...

...Bernie